Streamline Your Business
Next-Generation Color MFPs for Simply Better Business
Sharp’s next-generation full-color MX-3050N / 3550N / 4050N / 5050N /6050N MFPs are packed with state-of-the-art technologies that add new value to your workflow. Thanks to the user-friendly design of these MFPs—including a new Easy UI mode—a wide variety of users can access their advanced functions easily and intuitively. Adding one of these high performers to your talent pool is a great way to make your business grow.
Transform the way you use information in your business by connecting one of these new MFPs to a variety of mobile devices and cloud services. Now you don’t have to be confined to the office—you and your team can work anytime, anywhere. The amazing flexibility of these Sharp MFPs can help you grab new business opportunities and boost your bottom line.
These MFPs enable single sign-on for easy access to public cloud services*1 such as Google Drive™, OneDrive® for Business, and SharePoint® Online. They also support mobile printing services such as Google Cloud Print™, AirPrint, Mopria™, and Sharp Print Service Plugin*2.
*1: Requires optional MX-AMX2.
*2: Requires optional MX-PK13.
Placing a document in the RSPF or touching the LCD control panel wakes the MFP up in just one second*.
* When in Fast Wake Up mode.
From a single location, you can use Sharp Remote Device Manager* (SRDM) to manage multiple Sharp MFPs. This includes everything from system setup, user access, and security settings to troubleshooting and maintenance.
* Contact a Sharp customer representative for availability and other details.
- Auto process control and developer refresh system ensure consistently high image quality over a long period of time
- PCL6 (standard-equipped) and Adobe® PostScript® 3™ (option)
- Sharp’s proprietary Auto Color Mode, further improved for enhanced scan and copy performance
- Print Release function lets users send documents to main MFP, which acts as a server and stores them for printout from any networked MFP
- Direct printing of Microsoft® Office files (pptx, xlsx, docx)*1
- Thumbnail display of files enables easy direct printing*2 from USB drives
- Most of the MFP’s paper trays accommodate a wide variety of paper sizes up to SRA3 and weights up to 300 g/m2
- Efficient, speedy RSPF scans documents at 80 opm*3 (one-sided)
- Multicrop function automatically converts multiple documents scanned at the same time into separate files
- Supports compact PDF (option)
- Wide variety of finishing options, including saddle stitch finishing, manual stapling, and stapleless stapling
- Empty toner cartridges can be replaced without interrupting a copy/print job (MX-5050N/6050N)
- Sharp OSA (Open Systems Architecture)*4 allows integration with network and cloud-based applications
- Sharpdesk Mobile print/scan application connects the MFP to mobile devices via wireless LAN*5
- Sends scanned data via Gmail™ or Microsoft® Exchange accounts
- Supports S/MIME for secure e-mail communications*6
- Advanced data protection and access control
- Easy UI mode on 10.1-inch color LCD touchscreen brings smooth and intuitive MFP operation
- Control panel tilts at various angles for easy access
- Red and green LED lamps light up to notify users of machine/job status
- Lock-on handle ensures paper drawer is closed properly
- Accessibility-based design complies with US Section 508 and EU Mandate 376
- Low TEC value
- New low-melting-point Mycrostoner-Crystal helps reduce MFP’s energy consumption
- New quick-heating belt fusing system ensures short warm-up time
- Automatic toner cartridge eject function ensures all toner has been consumed, thereby saving resources
- *1: Requires optional MX-PU10. This function is enabled via DirectOffice™ technology.
- *2: Direct printing of PDF files requires optional MX-PK13; direct printing of Microsoft Office files (pptx, xlsx, docx) requires optional MX-PU10.
- *3: Originals per minute; when feeding A4 (8 1/2″ x 11″) sheets.
- *4: Requires optional MX-AMX2 and/or MX-AMX3.
- *5: Availability varies by country/region.
- *6: When sending e-mail only.
|Engine speed||A4 (8 1/2″ x 11″)*1: Max. 60/50 ppm
A3 (11″ x 17″): Max. 30/26 ppm
SRA3: Max. 29/24 ppm
|A4 (8 1/2″ x 11″)*1: Max. 40/35/30 ppm
A3 (11″ x 17″): Max. 20 (19)/18/16 ppm
SRA3: Max. 18/16/15 ppm
|Control panel display||10.1-inch color LCD touchscreen|
|Paper size||Max. SRA3 (12″ x 18″), min. A5 (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″*2)|
(550-sheet tray and 100-sheet multi-bypass tray)
(650 sheets & optional 550 + 2,100-sheet tray and 3,000-sheet tray)
|Paper weight||Tray||60 g/m2 to 300 g/m2 (16 lbs bond to 110 lbs cover)|
|Multi-bypass tray||55 g/m2 to 300 g/m2 (13 lbs bond to 110 lbs cover)|
|Warm-up time*3||15 sec.||10 sec.|
|Memory||5GB (copy/print shared) 250GB HDD*4|
|Power requirements||Rated local AC voltage ±10%, 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||Max. 2.07 kW (220 to 240V), max. 1.92 kW (110 to 127V)||Max. 1.84 kW (220 to 240V), max. 1.44 kW (110 to 127V)|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)*5||608 x 650 x 834 mm (23 15/16″ x 25 19/32″ x 32 27/32″)|
|Weight (approx.)||82 kg (180.8 lbs)||79 kg (174.2 lbs)|
|Original paper size||Max. A3 (11″ x 17″)|
|First copy time*6||Full color: 4.8 sec. B/W: 3.7 sec.||Full color: 6.7 sec. B/W: 4.7 sec.|
|Continuous copy||Max. 9,999 copies|
|Resolution||Scan (color)||600 x 600 dpi|
|Scan (B/W)||600 x 600 dpi, 600 x 400 dpi||600 x 600 dpi, 600 x 400 dpi, 600 x 300 dpi|
|Print (color)||600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 (equivalent) x 600 dpi (depending on copy mode)|
|Print (B/W)||1,200 x 1,200 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 (equivalent) x 600 dpi (depending on copy mode)||600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 (equivalent) x 600 dpi (depending on copy mode)|
|Gradation||Equivalent to 256 levels|
|Zoom range||25 to 400% (25 to 200% using RSPF) in 1% increments|
|Preset copy ratios||Metric: 10 ratios (5R/5E), inch: 8 ratios (4R/4E)|
|Scan method||Push scan (via control panel), pull scan (TWAIN-compliant application)|
|Scan speed*7||color & B/W||Max. 80 originals/min.|
|Resolution||Push scan||100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi|
|Pull scan||75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400, 600 dpi
50 to 9,600 dpi via user setting
|File formats||TIFF, PDF, PDF/A, encrypted PDF, compact PDF*8 *9, JPEG*9, XPS|
|Scan destinations||Scan to e-mail/desktop/FTP server/network folder (SMB)/USB drive/HDD|
|Document filing capacity*10||Main and custom folders: 20,000 pages or 3,000 files|
|Quick file folder: 10,000 pages or 1,000 files|
|Stored jobs*11||Copy, print, scan, fax|
|Storage folders||Quick file folder, main folder, custom folder (max. 1,000 folders)|
|Resolution||1,200 x 1,200 dpi, 600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 (equivalent) x 600 dpi||600 x 600 dpi, 9,600 (equivalent) x 600 dpi|
|Interface||USB 2.0 (host, high-speed), 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T|
|Supported OS||Windows Server® 2008, Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server® 2012 R2, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11|
|Printing protocols||LPR, Raw TCP (port 9100), POP3 (e-mail printing), HTTP, FTP for downloading print files, IPP, SMB, WSD|
|PDL||Standard||PCL 6 emulation|
|Option||Adobe® PostScript® 3™|
|Available fonts||80 fonts for PCL, 139 fonts for Adobe PostScript 3|
|Communication protocol||Super G3/G3|
|Transmission time||Less than 3 seconds*12|
|Modem speed||33,600 bps to 2,400 bps with automatic fallback|
|Transmission resolution||From Standard (203.2 x 97.8 dpi) to Ultra Fine (406.4 x 391 dpi)|
|Recording size||A3 to A5 (11″ x 17″ to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″)|
|Greyscale levels||Equivalent to 256 levels|